DC315 is a Certified Warnock Hersey listed and rated product which has passed certified testing for both the (UL-1715) 15 minute Thermal Barrier and the NFPA 286 (AC-377 standards) as an Ignition Barrier.
Versi-Foam closed cell Class I foam (2 lb/ft3) has been tested and qualified with DC-315 to be used as a thermal barrier coating over the foam. Coverage needs to be 80 square feet/gallon or 20 mils wet/ 13 mils dry.
Competitive Advantages of Using DC 315 Approved Thermal & Ignition Barrier over SPF Include:
• Single coat coverage reducing labor and material costs equaling higher profits
• Excellent spread rate of up to 400 sq. ft. per gallon
• Passed CAL 1350 - safe for use in schools and high occupancy buildings
• Passed strict EPA – V.O.C. and AQMD air emission requirements (for all 50 states)
• Approved for Incidental Food Contact complies with NSF/ANS1-51 requirements of USDA
• Easily applied with a sprayer, roller, or brush with no complicated mixing
• 1 year shelf life
• Fast and easy clean-up, with no waste and fast turnaround time
• Compatible with any paintable construction material
• Warnock Hersey listed and marked WHI No. 20947
• Meets Life Safety Code 101
• Meets LEED’s point requirements
• No formaldehyde
This product is designed for use on interior polyurethane foam surfaces. Click here to view the Application Guide for DC 315.
For more information, please visit www.painttoprotect.com.
Building Code Requirements For Use Of Spray Polyurethane Foam
A prescriptive ignition barrier is required within a residential application over the surface of the polyurethane foam insulation when used within accessible attics or crawlspaces.
Interior surfaces in inhabited buildings should be covered with a "15 minute" thermal barrier for fire protection.
Ignition and thermal barriers are defined within the International Building Code and International Residential Code as the following: